Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Vibration

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Silver Chevy, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Silver Chevy

Silver Chevy Member

I don't really know if its only me, I replace the Factory rims and tires,, with some 20 bridgestone tires and Enkei rims,,, the rims are suppose to be top of the line and no matter what I try to do theres always a slight vibration 65-75, hunter road force balance, John bean lazer light... I jus think I'm going to buy a set oem rims and be done with it,,, if that will help,, I just don't know,,, and this 6 speed trany sucks,,,

2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Did they use the stick on wheel weights, or the one's that clip on the side? Also you could have gotten a bad tire or two, that has happened to me on several occasions.

3. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I had that problem with falken tires, went back to toyo tires and it went away. Also the rims maybe not true...not round...could be so ever small but enough to feel it.

4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

There are no aftermarket rims that are built better than factory, I had some Weld Racing velocity 8's on my silverado and within 10,000 miles I had 3 bent rims and at $800 each I was HOT!!! Weld Racing told me that's what happens when you run with rubber bands on them, I laughed and told him the truck has had 35" tires from the factory and he didn't have much to say after that. They sell you junk, and then they will deny everything...

5. Silver Chevy

Silver Chevy Member

I have oem 20's coming this week and will you know how it goes

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  6. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Let us know....

7. Silver Chevy

Silver Chevy Member

Ok here's the Update,,, Rims and tires came in today, 20 inch factory 5 spoke's they were take off's so came ready to put on,, and they ride great @ 55-85 no vibration @ all... I'm a very happy camper

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011