Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

vibraton on my 2000 Tahoe Z71 package with 5.7 liter engine

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by chief771, Jan 9, 2011.

1. chief771

chief771 New Member

Hi All: hoping to get some anwers or what I should do. I just purchased this vehicle about a month ago. It does have hi mileage (225,000). So far I have had to put $1200 dollars in repairs. anyway I have a vibration or more like a rumbling sound in it. It only happens between 45 and 65 MPH while I am accelerationg. If I let up on the gas it stops completely. When it is cold it does not do it at all until I have driven a few miles then it will start again. This has me baffled. I thought maybe the tires but it goes away when I let up on the gas. Any suggestions out there?

Thanks for reading!

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

You need to check out the U-joints.. That would do it...

3. chief771

chief771 New Member

I found out what the problem is. I had a mechanic put the code reader on it and it is showing a code for the torque converter which ends up meaning the problem lays in the transmission is what I am told. Uff da.