1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

VIDEO: Driving in the country with insane amounts of light

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by SurrealOne, May 17, 2013.

1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Understand that dash cams are only so good at capturing night footage and audio ... and that this is one of the higher quality cams available, today.

Also understand that it was very overcast, hence no moon at all -- which is what prompted me to have some light fun and then pull this footage from the cam ... as I figured some of you might want to get an idea of what it's like having six 35w HIDs (thanks to the diode mod), and a pair of Rigid 10" Specter driving lights (adding 5,100 lumens, each) on all at once ... versus four 35w HIDs (lows and fogs).

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Holy Crap!! I want a set of those rigid lights. Wow.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

That probably can be seen from space for sure. "Johnson, what's that on the ground over there, has earth been invaded?"
  4. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Dang thats some light. I like the 5000K as well as I dont like the blue of the more common 6000k HID's.
  5. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

man those are BRIGHT!!!

puts my led lights to shame....

Alex
  6. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts

Thats insane... Makes me want more lights...