VIN Lookup?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by BlackAvalanche03, May 18, 2017.

1. BlackAvalanche03

BlackAvalanche03 New Member

I'm looking to see what site(s) are best for looking up a vehicle's vin. Recommendations as to which are the most reliable? Many search results are loaded with ads, so I'm not too sure how reliable they are. Open to suggestions.

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT MODERATOR Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Go to the The Site Below, its Called "Compnine".....It Used to Give 1-Free Vin Number Look-Up.

http://www.compnine.com/vid.php

BlackAvalanche03 and Goldie like this.
  3. BlackAvalanche03

BlackAvalanche03 New Member

Thank you very much. I will try that. So is there a reason for vin checks being so sketchy online? Perhaps there is some sort of intranet/database with all vin numbers. I'm unsure, but I would certainly hope and think there is a more reliable way to do this, right? I do believe some manufacturer's sites allow you to check a given vehicle's vin number. With that, you're likely just going to get trim/vehicle specific options, right? I don't know. It's an ongoing question. Thank you again for the help.

4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT MODERATOR Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Your Welcome, The Site Compnine is an Excellent Site, Next to the Vin Number Look-up..... it will Also Show You All of the RPO Codes for Each Feature ie.....Like the RPO Code for a 4L60e Transmission is M30.......Also, You Could Go to Your Local Dealership(If You Have One Close to You) and they Will/Can Run your Vin Number......;)

Goldie likes this.