Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Vinyl floor scrub

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by pmf608, May 30, 2009.

1. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

As my project for today, I started cleaning the vinyl floors in my truck. Thank god its only a regular cab. My arms have been sore all night. 1.5 to 2 hours later, I had the had scrubbed the driver side clean with a nail brush (only the part in front of the seat). If i weren't cheap (and saving for gas and insurance when i turn 16 in 10 days), i would take it in and pay someone to do this.

I know one thing for sure - a molded carpet kit just moved into a higher priority on my upgrades list. As long as you keep that clean, you can just vacuum it.
  2. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone Rockstar 100 Posts

If you keep up on the vinyl floor thats not hard to keep clean either
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Vinyl floors rule. Just hose em out when you need to. I have a friend who special ordered a loaded crew cab. Leather seats, vinyl floor.
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I can't see why you would want to get carpeted floors up in Canada, once you get dried salt on the carpet then you will have a real mess. My S-10 work truck has carpeted floors and I wish it didn't, every summer I have to take a steam cleaner and go over the entire floor twice just to get the salt to soften. Then I have to take a stiff bristle brush and scrub over the salt to break it up, and then you have to use a wet/dry vacuum to suck up the entire mess. Then I put a layer of Scotchguard back down to protect it for another year, JUST STAY WITH THE VINYL FLOORS YOUR BETTER OFF! :happy:
  5. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I'm trying to put vinyl floors in my truck ASAP. I had them back when I owned my Ranger and I loved them. Just pull the seats out and spray down the inside after going muddin'. I sure miss that. The carpet in my Silverado is getting real bad. It has a hole now where my heal sits while I drive :(. I would stick with vinyl.
  6. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

im with you on that, im hoping for carpet for my truck this year for my birthday, i hate the floor in my truck also, plus when its raining outside and my shoes are wet, my feet slide on the floor which makes it harder to drive sometimes,
  7. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I am with you on that vinyl is the way to go I wont buy a vehicle with carpet. I will pre order it the way I want it. My truck has everything in it but carpet.
  8. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone Rockstar 100 Posts

I wanted vinyl but when i was buying off the lot and only had 3 days to find one to get the great incentives, i had to get crpet. I currently have it covered with house carpet and i will be picking up some husky liners to cover ALL THE CARPET in the truck.
  9. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

At this point, it looks like this truck's heavy work days are over - my stepdad used it for landscaping. Now, it should just be occasional mud, slush/salt in the winter. Nothing some good floor mats couldn't handle. My stepdad used to use the pressure washer in the car wash on the vinyl floors in the truck. I still don't think I've ever really seen them clean - although using a lot of water inside has caused a bit of light rust under the vinyl, mostly along the door sills. I guess the same reason of not being a landscaping truck anymore makes it easier to keep the vinyl clean too, but i dont know. I like carpet. If it had been my choice, the truck would have been an LS anyway. :neutral: I'm happy with it though.

Also, ArmorAll-ing my vinyl floor did make the floor mat on top of it slippery. Which is another issue i have - it gets slippery with water or whatever.
  10. nikkeshelton

nikkeshelton Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I remember when the Silverados had a velour on the door panels. Bad idea! Vinyl floors would be a lot better for a working man.