1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

voided warranty

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Freeze, Apr 7, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Freeze

Freeze New Member

Does a lift kit void a warranty? What about exhaust or intake? I assume that a chip does, i also assume exhaust does, but what if you do not mess with the DPF?
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the club!

The dealer never messed with me about my K&N intake, as a matter of fact I asked the dealer before hand and they had no problem with it. If you do a tune or chip, make sure you set it back to factory settings before you take it in. I personally still think they have a way to figure that out, but again that's just speculation on my part. I have never heard of anybody having any problems with aftermarket exhaust, mainly because the only things covered under any kind of warranty are the exhaust pipes and catalytic converter. Everything else on the exhaust is not covered, so I wouldn't worry about it.

BOTTOM LINE- IT ALL COMES DOWN TO THE DEALER YOU GO WITH, THEY ARE THE ULTIMATE DECIDING FACTOR IN WHAT IS OKAY AND WHAT IS NOT OKAY.
  3. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Legally they can only void your warranty on anything directly affected by the aftermarket part. For example if you screw up anything having to do with your suspension after you lift the truck...not covered. If something with the engine goes wrong after lifting...covered. I have a cat back exhaust, intake and suspension lift and have had it in several times for warranty work.
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Search Magnussen Moss warranty act on this site, magnussen moss is a federal warranty compliance act it is the authority on warranty issues and informs you of your rights reguarding warranties.