Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Volant Air Intake

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by SLVCLASS, Feb 6, 2013.

1. SLVCLASS

SLVCLASS New Member

I have read around that the Vortec is particular on how much air it takes in, on that note I installed a Volant Air Intake and at times on a windy highway or going fast enough I get a check engine light having Onstar I had them tell me the fault which leads back to the intake. I have noticed no reduction in performance and it clears after a few starts. Anyone else have this problem or potentially could my MAF be dirty or just wanting to be replaced sometime? Thanks for all input.
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Check for air leaks check all clamps and if you can clean your MAF and disconnect your battery to reset everything..
  3. devil_doc7721

devil_doc7721 Member

ive got a volant intake on my new body 07 and havent had that issue. but would defintely see if you have a leak somewhere and if theres anyway you can tighten it down some more just for good measure.
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

No such issue with my volant. As others have said, check your clamps and check for leaks. If it persists after that, clean the MAF and disconnect the battery for a period to force a reset.
  5. SLVCLASS

SLVCLASS New Member

The battery has been reset, guess I will take it on you guys and check for leaks. The cover missing with that be an issue? I have no cover on the intake. Thanks a lot though.
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Cover off is fine it's after the Maf that if there is a leak that you might get a code. My K&N fell off the tube 1 time Not sure how long it was off But never got a code...
  7. devil_doc7721

devil_doc7721 Member

yea cover off is fine i have mine off and just have the big box around it unless you go muddin or somthing like that you should probably put it back on i forgot to put mine on and my filter got soaked and that was bad news
  8. SLVCLASS

SLVCLASS New Member

Couldn't imagine, it is not too often it happens which is odd I'd say. Only on the highway on the way to my buddies.