1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Volant Cold Air Intake System

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by BLK-Z71, Aug 25, 2009.

1. BLK-Z71

BLK-Z71 New Member

Any one using this?? Like it yes or no, would you recomend this product??
  2. BLK-Z71

BLK-Z71 New Member

no one runs this cold air intake??? any one run a banks or K&N??
  3. moosetags

moosetags New Member

Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

I run a Volant Cold Air Intake in My 2005 Yukon XL 2500 with the 6.0 engine. I have had it about two years now. Very honestly, I didn't see any appreciable power increase or better mileage when I installed it. The improvement was very slight. I also have a 2004 Suburban 2500 with the same engine. This one does not have any cold air intake. I use both of both of these extensively to tow my 7400# Airstream travel trailer. I don't really notice any performance or economy difference between the two.
  4. azdrtdog

azdrtdog New Member

I dont run there system but i do run a power core from them very good filtration with no OIL first night i put it in went out did doughnuts in very fine silty dirt romped it for about two hours that night climbing and twisting throwing dirt the whole time. next morning unlcamped very carefully just the mass. and there was no dusting anywhere
  5. BLK-Z71

BLK-Z71 New Member

thanks guys but i still need more info on cold air intakes, what would you recomend for a 1999
  6. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 New Member

I think I'm going to go with either Volant or an AEM brute force CAI.
  7. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 New Member 1000 Posts

brute force looks much better imo
  8. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I like the Volant

Attached Files:

9. BLK-Z71

BLK-Z71 New Member

thin i am going with volant