Volant cold air intake

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by lordfrosty, Mar 1, 2009.

1. lordfrosty

lordfrosty New Member

Has anyone installed this brand? What are your opinions on this product for my 07 Sierra 1/2 ton 5.3l 4x4? I know someone who is selling a used one and I'm looking into purchasing it. Any input would be appreciated.

2. Doberman

Doberman Rockstar

I've got one installed......I think it's great, hard to tell if I actually gained any ponies....... I did notice a better throttle response though. The real and tangible thing you do notice is better fuel economy I can say that depending on my driving style I get about 30-45 Km more out of a tank of gas....... My advice if you do get it is get two filters and clean them regularly. I think they have a new filter that you don't need to oil. (I still would prefer the one you oil IMO)

Cheers!!
    Pete

3. DrewsZ71

DrewsZ71 Rockstar 100 Posts

I would def go for it. Volante is one of the better intake systems out there

4. mjalstad

mjalstad Rockstar 100 Posts

I love mine. I think it is the best intake available. It's the only one I have seen that is completely enclosed from the engine bay's heat. Also it is very quiet during normal driving, it doesn't make a hissing noise that makes your truck sound broken. When you give it some throttle it sounds really nice and deep. It definitely gave me some ponies, helps a high speeds a lot since I also opted for the ram air tube that goes from the air box to the hole your tow hook is in. I gained about 1.5-2.5 mpg after installing the intake, a Jet MAF, and a Predator tuner

5. Chevy Newby

Chevy Newby Rockstar

volant

Iha b checkng out Volant also and I have contacted stylintruck.com and they said if money is not an opption go for the Volant. I cant wait till I get mine.

6. lordfrosty

lordfrosty New Member

Thanks, I think I'm going to purchase it. Your input has been very helpful. I just never heard of volant before and wondered if it was a quality product. Can you wash their filters and reuse them.

7. Doberman

Doberman Rockstar

Absolutely....wash and oil as per manufacturers instruction....That's why I recommend that you get 2 filters, that way you don't have to wait for it to dry then oil it and wait some more....just swap them out and clean and oil at your leisure :glasses:

Pete