1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Volant cold air intake

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by lordfrosty, Mar 1, 2009.

1. lordfrosty

lordfrosty New Member

Has anyone installed this brand? What are your opinions on this product for my 07 Sierra 1/2 ton 5.3l 4x4? I know someone who is selling a used one and I'm looking into purchasing it. Any input would be appreciated.
  2. Doberman

Doberman Rockstar

I've got one installed......I think it's great, hard to tell if I actually gained any ponies....... I did notice a better throttle response though. The real and tangible thing you do notice is better fuel economy I can say that depending on my driving style I get about 30-45 Km more out of a tank of gas....... My advice if you do get it is get two filters and clean them regularly. I think they have a new filter that you don't need to oil. (I still would prefer the one you oil IMO)

Cheers!!
    Pete
  3. DrewsZ71

DrewsZ71 Rockstar 100 Posts

I would def go for it. Volante is one of the better intake systems out there
  4. mjalstad

mjalstad Rockstar 100 Posts

I love mine. I think it is the best intake available. It's the only one I have seen that is completely enclosed from the engine bay's heat. Also it is very quiet during normal driving, it doesn't make a hissing noise that makes your truck sound broken. When you give it some throttle it sounds really nice and deep. It definitely gave me some ponies, helps a high speeds a lot since I also opted for the ram air tube that goes from the air box to the hole your tow hook is in. I gained about 1.5-2.5 mpg after installing the intake, a Jet MAF, and a Predator tuner
  5. Chevy Newby

Chevy Newby Rockstar

volant

Iha b checkng out Volant also and I have contacted stylintruck.com and they said if money is not an opption go for the Volant. I cant wait till I get mine.
  6. lordfrosty

lordfrosty New Member

Thanks, I think I'm going to purchase it. Your input has been very helpful. I just never heard of volant before and wondered if it was a quality product. Can you wash their filters and reuse them.
  7. Doberman

Doberman Rockstar

Absolutely....wash and oil as per manufacturers instruction....That's why I recommend that you get 2 filters, that way you don't have to wait for it to dry then oil it and wait some more....just swap them out and clean and oil at your leisure :glasses:

Pete