1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Volant (well CSI) CAI Review

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by steves86ta, Dec 1, 2008.

1. steves86ta

steves86ta Rockstar

Hey guys, i know im new here but just like all of you i couldnt wait to mod my truck. I put my Volant CAI on today and i will say that i am more than pleased with the results. I did the install and it was easy and quick. The only complaint i have is the predrilled holes in the bottom one of the bolt holes did not line up. And Also you can get one of the lid screws in because of the fender but thats ok with me. It sounds great and i deffinently noticed a difference in the seat of th pants dyno. Ill let you know about fuel mileage increases too. As far as me saying imeant CSI, it is built by volant, the filter even says volant on the side, the only difference is the color of the silicone sleeve, and the design on the lid. Other than that it is an awsome product, and i will get some pics of it up asap
  2. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Thatsgreat to hear. Cant wait to see how it looks on your truck. does it have that deep growl/roar sound?? :great:
  3. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sounds pretty good though.
  4. raisor87

raisor87 Rockstar 100 Posts

where did u get it from?
  5. steves86ta

steves86ta Rockstar

I got it from my own work lol, I just didnt want to post it on here to make it look like i am advertising for us. But yeah i bought it there the name of the place is speedway muffler, or speedway motorsports.
  6. steves86ta

steves86ta Rockstar

I know that the one i put on my dads 05 (volant also) has a very deep growl to it. As far as the one on my truck it is hard to tell i mean i can hear it above 3500 RPM, and when heavy on the throttle. But i also have an exhaust done so that kind of hides it. But i will say this much, that when the computer does give the engine full power (above 3000 rpm) it really is a kick in the but. Honestly it almost feels like a small nitrous hit. With the intake and the exhaust together, it really makes a big difference.