Vortec Max Update?

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by titantwoseven, Sep 12, 2008.

1. titantwoseven

titantwoseven New Member

Hey folks, I'm new here. I'm currently driving a Dodge 2500 diesel 4x4, but I'm looking into getting a Silverado in the next year or so. However, I want to get one when the 6.2 becomes the new Vortec Max motor. I want a half-ton Z71 Silverado, with a 6.2L with VVT and AFM, a 6L80E transmission. Does anybody have an inkling as to when this might be available?

2. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

wait they're making a 6.2 gas job? I had no idea. Why are you getting rid of the cummins?

3. titantwoseven

titantwoseven New Member

Cummins is actually a lot of trouble to keep running right. The 6.2 is in the Escalades and Sierra Denalis, with another version in the base Vettes.

4. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! I did some Google searching and just came up with a 2009 or 2010 release.

5. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I would say not to ever expect the 6.2 in a chevy, the 6.2 is only in the denali versions right now for GMC and Cadillac Escalade sounds to be on the way out of body on frame as it shifts to a lambda base vehicle

6. titantwoseven

titantwoseven New Member

I'm pretty sure the silverado, escalade and sierra all share the GMT900 platform

7. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

the platform has nothing to do with it, the "Denali" is a trim level, the Escalade is a low production vehicle. Silverado does not have an SS as this would be the only place in line with the Denali trim and as i stated the escalade will most likely go to the Lambda (Enclave, Outlook, Acadia, and Traverse) so there is one more reason not to keep the 6.2 around not to mention the 6.2 in the trucks is different from the vette 6.2

8. zach45

zach45 Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

check 09's

9. smpoulin1

smpoulin1 Member

I tried to get the 6.2L when I got my truck, it is only available in the Denali trimmed pickup.

10. zach45

zach45 Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

i remember reading that the 6.2 with the six speed will be alv. for crew cabs and in 09.5 they will have it for the EXT cab... not sure on the reg cab.