Vote to help me decide!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by cj11209, Aug 2, 2013.

1. cj11209

cj11209 New Member

Thanks everybody. To the people saying get the 4wd do you think 60,000 mi is alot of miles? I would like to keep this truck awhile. I am probably only going to put about 8-10k a year on it as I dont drive a ton.

2. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

60K miles is not a lot of miles, as long as the person that had it before you maintained the car.

My problem is that I don't trust that the person before me maintained the car. People are idiots (change oil when it starts knocking).

3. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

Just check it real good. Are the fluids dark and stinky? Does EVERYTHING work? If all is positive, good truck to buy

4. Rebel_Bowtie

Rebel_Bowtie Member

cj just go 2WD man. You can get a newer truck with less miles for the same amount of money. Or you can get a 2WD for cheaper with say 40-50K on it and use the rest of the cash on an entry level lift and some badass wheels & A/Ts!!

5. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Agreed with Rebel Bowtie. Go with 2wd, level front, put on meaty tires and cruise :glasses:

6. BurbanMan

I've never understood leveling/lifting 2wd trucks and putting meaty tires on them.... Smh

7. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Want the look of an aggressive, lifted truck without the extra weight and maintenance of 4wd. What so wrong with that? North Carolina isnt like Colorado, we do not get snow like you do and not everyone wants to take their truck off road. :neutral:

8. donl

donl Rockstar 100 Posts

"You can put a saddle on a pig but it's still a pig." I could never figure the faux pas 2wd thing.

9. BurbanMan

Hell! There's people out here that do it and they're always stuck in their dirt driveway when it rains lol

10. cj11209

cj11209 New Member

My thing is if I went with 2wd i would still put leveling kit on it and some meaty tires I think with some weight in the back during bad weather I could probably make it bout anywhere I wanted to. Guess it is just the what if thing lol. I understand both sides of this topic and really appreciate all the input. To burban and donl do you guys think it is worth having 4wd and the extra intial cost as well as whatever extra maintence and all they may be for it if I think I will really only have to use it maybe once in a blue moon? And do you guys really feel it is that stupid to level out and put nice all terrains on a 2wd?