1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

vyellow

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by vyellow, Nov 16, 2010.

1. vyellow

vyellow New Member

Hey guys!
    I have a 2wd 2002 silverado ex cab w/ 5.3 litre california spec. Need to get new shocks prior to a trip to Montana in late spring or early summer. I occassionaly pull a 19 foot runabout w/ kids and stuff for the lake. I will be pulling quite a load this summer helping my dad move. Have about 150,000 miles on it. Any suggested preventive maintenance at this mileage?
    Thanks!
    VW
  2. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club! Well I just hit the 100,000 mile mark and changed spark plugs, engine oil, filter, and rear diff clean and fluid change (that was the best thing, it was so dirty and oil was all runny, good idea to do before towing). Another thing I'd say before a long trip is make sure everything is good and lubed up especially U joints and front end.
  3. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !
  4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome!!!
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club.

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Along with the normal stuff (spark plugs, fluid changes) I would remove the throttlebody and clean both sides with a t/body cleaner and old soft toothbrush, DO NOT use carb cleaner. Get some CRC MAF cleaner (in the silver can) and clean the MAF. Also don't forget the fuel filter.
  6. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

x2 on the MAF cleaner!
  7. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club!
  8. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard!