1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wahh! :( Had an accident today.

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Kady, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Kady

Kady New Member

I really hate drivers around here! No one can drive! I was on the highway. doing about 70ish in the highspeed lane... approached the next exit, which exits the highway from the left instead of the right. Some knucklehead who was in the middle lane, cut into my lane, 10ft in front of me, and slammed on his breaks and slowed down to probably 20 because he wasn't sure if he wanted to take the exit. To avoid him, I had to swerve to the right, and swerve again, to avoid hitting another car. The rear end kicked lose, and I had it for a bit, then it kicked out completely sideways, and smashed into the guard rail... Considering the speed, I'm lucky i didn't flip over... Ended up smashing the front passenger's side corner, spinning and smashing the back passenger's side quarter facing the wrong way in traffic in the high speed lane.

The jackwagon in the beamer just took off... But the whole reason I drive a Chevy is because despite hitting that rail at 50+ mph, all critical components are running exactly as it is before. The only reason I need to be towed from the scene was that my front bumper twisted up and lodged itself between the fender and the tire... The tow trucker before putting it in my driveway, used the winch on the flat bed to pull it out for me, and now its completely driveable... Not pretty but driveable.

So, to say the least, this ruined my day, although I'm thankful that it wasn't a lot worse.
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts

Glad you're safe and your Tahoe is still ins okish shape.
  3. sfdefender24

sfdefender24 New Member

Glad your ok, i hate dumb people that drive little cars and cut off bigger vehicles. Glad it wasnt as bad as it couldve been.
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Glad that you are OK
  5. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy New Member

Its good to see that you are good, not injured and still living is the big one. How did your vehicle pan out?
  6. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts

glad to hear you are alright......
  7. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

sorry to hear that dude! mines in the hospital right now getting worked on. not as bad as yours tho. glad your ok!

Alex
  8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Wow, sorry to hear that! Glad you're ok. Any chance to get the guy who started all of this, or maybe he didn't know what he caused???

Get some pics of the damage up here when you get around to it.
  9. silverhobey

silverhobey Member

also glad you are ok............pics might hurt to show, but they might show all how lucky you
    were and how well built a Chev is :glasses:!!!! Brian
  10. 20TahoeLT12

20TahoeLT12 New Member

I am glad that you are OK! I am sorry that you had an accident.