Wait4meperformance Reviews

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by heavy chevy, Apr 30, 2009.

1. willbradfan

willbradfan Rockstar 100 Posts

I really like the way your truck is shifting in those videos, my suburban tends to do poorly with shifting, that is usually where someone beats me from the line because the newer vehicles have a more consistent shift points. So how does it work, does he put the tunes on a programmer than you can change whenever a different tune is needed?

2. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Well when you send him your money you tell him what 3 tunes you want. For example. I told him i wanted my first tune to be balls out. Which i wanted all tq managment gone and i wanted it to be the race tune when my tow haul is off i wanted it to have agressive shifting when It is on shift a lil more than stock. The 2nd tune is supposed to be the tow haul azz tune then the 3rd is for fuel economy. Then he takes the tuner and builds it to your specific mods. such as cai exhaust nos or whatever mods you have then you get it in the mail. What did you think about speed wise what do you think it is doing in the quarter and 0-60 This is just a lil 4.8 and to me I am the owner lol it is dogging that pos superchips tuner i had before.

3. willbradfan

Just by doing a rough timing i got you clocked somewhere in between 14-16, hard to say without a good stopwatch haha. I have superchips tuner for my suburban for a week and could not tell a difference at all and returned it. since then i have been trying to find a tuner that I know will improve my shiftpoints and give me some extra power, i know it wont be much power as i am looking forward to better shiftpoints for the most part.

4. omegafiler

omegafiler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Cool, I didn't know they had an SCT handheld for the GMT-900's. I had a W4M tune on my 06 YD w/ the SCT and 3 custom tunes. Good stuff.

5. heavy chevy

If you go with jesse at wait4meperformance you will be happy he will give you what you want.

6. willbradfan

I emailed them today to get a price range. What kind of price did they give you?

7. heavy chevy

mine was 410

8. bubba030303

bubba030303 Member

if you get ur tuner and its set for a certain tire size can you send it back and get them to reprogram it for a bigger size or would you have to get a totally new tuner

9. heavy chevy

if you have the hand held sct tuner I think he just emails you the tune update.

10. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I Just sent jesse a email seeing how much it would be for my chevy with the 5.3L im getting one either way i had a hypertech on my 2001 2500 hd and i liked it i was going to order another one for my 2008 until i seen the vid on your truck and the review i think this is going to be my next one