1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Waiting on Insurance Companies

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by pmf608, Feb 15, 2012.

1. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts

After almost a month of waiting, the insurance company for the guy that rear-ended me finally approved the beginning of the repair process yesterday. Apparently, they weren't able to get back in touch with their client, so they gave me the go-ahead to get my truck fixed. Nothing major, just a new rear bumper.

And, the adjuster said they could approve a rental of an equivalent class of vehicle to my avalanche, so I'll get a full-size SUV or pickup while mine is in the shop. And the best part is that Budget here will rent to an 18 year old for insurance claims, so I should get something in decent condition too. Now I just have to wait for the credit card I just applied for to get here because Budget requires a credit card in the drivers name instead of allowing cash deposits for young drivers.
  2. mudpuppy

mudpuppy New Member

insurance companies are acting very weird lately. my father got sandwiched last month. so the front and rear bumpers got trashed and the bed was slightly damaged. along with all of that some little $36 fuel vapor recycle valve got damaged. they approved and repaired $5600 of damage but still to current day refuse to repair the $36 valve. this is 1 of those moments that makes a person stop and scratch there head thinking WTF.
  3. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts

Ever hear of an Insurance company going broke? Nope cause they are not regulated. Kind of like oil companies who got deregulation in the mid 70's when we paid 25 cents a gallon for unleaded. Guess who pays 25 cents per gallon now. Yup the Opec nations. Wonder how that works