1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Waiting.....still!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ResOps, Sep 7, 2009.

1. ResOps

ResOps New Member

Wow I will never order again! At least not if it can't be a guaranteed delivery. Been waiting since the second week of July for my new truck and the wait is killing me - and my current truck. I'm at 90,000kms and I can hear my Ford looking for some new parts (ball joints are getting close, tires need to be replaced etc etc.
    I keep getting told "it's in transit" since Aug 31st - Man I could drive it from the factory myself in less time...
    OK rant over...back to waiting :sleep:
  2. moosetags

moosetags New Member

Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

I ordered a brand new 2001 Suburban 2500 in October of 2000. It took almost three months to arrive at the dealership.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Wow, how does that work, you sign a contract to order to the dealership and then you settle up when it comes in? Where's this going to and how remote are you there?
  4. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

My Dad has ALWAYS ordered, never bought off the lot, and 2-3 months has been pretty standard wait time.
  5. moosetags

moosetags New Member

We've special ordered two Suburbans, a '96 and an '01. Both took almost three months. We have found that when you are buying a brand new 2500 Suburban, and are set on special features and colors, you end up having to order it and wait.
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  6. I ordered my 08 Silverado (my first brand new vehicle) at the end of Sept 2007, was told to expect it in Dec or possibly not until Jan of 2008. Was pleasantly suprised when it arrived in Nov 2008 the Monday after Thanksgiving.

When looking for my new truck the dealer located five 2007's within a 800 mile radius but none had the exact color or all the options I was looking for. Told the dealer that with the price I was going to pay for a new truck, I would rather wait a couple months to get it exactly the truck I wanted than settle for something less. Just my opinion but it is a lot of money to spend for something you are not completely happy with.
  7. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Ordering a truck

My parents ordered one of the first 1990 2 door Lumina Eurosports, and they ordered it in March and they didn't recieve it until December! So I don't think two to three months was too bad, On my first Silverado they did a dealer search and could not find one in the search radius. They did find one in Arlington Texas dealership, it was an 04' 2500HD w/ 8.1 and Allison transmission dark green metallic with tan leather. They were going to DRIVE it up here and I said hell no, well I got stuck with the $1,500 destination charge because they put it on a flat bed trailer and towed it here. So I guess it depends on how you want it, for me I would have paid double that to get my beast. Wish I still had it! :grrrrrr:
  8. Z71_guy

Z71_guy New Member 1000 Posts

lol that sucks
  9. kgibson181

kgibson181 New Member 1000 Posts

dang hopefully it dosent take over 6 months like some of these others
  10. ResOps

ResOps New Member

Not remote at all - I'm 4 hours north of Toronto. The funny thing is the dealer was crying about how many kilometers I was going to put on the truck (it was at 84000km) while waiting for delivery. I recieved my trade-in price back in July so it hurts them waiting.
    And to those who said it took more than 3 months there is a clause in the contract where if the dealer cannot deliver in 90 days the purchaser can cancel the deal. Our delaer ordered 105 trucks with the same features - just different colours so the order shouldn't be a hard one.
    I'm gonna harass the salesman again tomorrow :lol: