Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Wal-mart paint job...

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by bigdaddy77084, Mar 6, 2010.

1. bigdaddy77084

bigdaddy77084 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Tell me what ya think...

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  2. Big75

Big75 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

looks real good! did you use some sort of sealer under that? and how many coats of clear did you put on?

3. bigdaddy77084

The brown is a Brushed Metallic, with a satin finish, outside is black gloss. All done with Krylon spray cans. 2 coats of primer, wet sand with 800 grt in between coats lightly. 3 coats of paint, 1000 grt wet sand between coats. final wet sand 2000 grt, rubbing compound. Wash off with water, Add Meguiar's Polish compound,buff.Add Meguiar's swirl-x,buff.Add meguiar's deep crystal carnauba wax,polish her up...I didnt think that satin paint would shine like that. But im gonna go with it..

4. pmartin816

pmartin816 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Turned out looking really good. Nice job on the paint.

5. seffieldvillage@aol.com

seffieldvillage@aol.com Rockstar 100 Posts

hi nice job. turned out real good.

6. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Looks better than i would have thought, nice job!!

7. bigdaddy77084

Thanks guys!!! It was just ugly before. The hood looked like this. This is a picture of the roof. Another project.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  8. s5belford

s5belford Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

wow! nice work!!!

9. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Great job...looks good!

10. scrappiedew1

scrappiedew1 Rockstar

looks good ,my sons 91 k2500 4x4 fenders were shot so i cut out all the rust and found the same type of fenders flares ou have off a 92 burb same as his truck black and put them on and tuch them up with wally mart paint also