Walmart Doesn't Honor Tire Warranties

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Psyc0, May 2, 2012.

1. catmechanic07

catmechanic07 Former Member

I agree 100%

2. JnBama

JnBama Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

My bro inlaw bought a set of Michlins from Sams with two that turned out to be out of round , his Sams membership lapsed and wouldn't help him ,went to a dealer and was told the type tire he had was made just for Walmart/Sams and not warranted by dealers. No more Wally World for me , bought a set of Bridgestones with road hazard when I had my Monte Carlo , mounted within an hour with no problem , a few months after that was told have to wait four hours to fix a flat , went across street to a tire store and fixed 20 min

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

This is common. Large discounters have enough financial clout to swing special deals that get the price points of items where the discounter wants them. Beware of Dell computers you see in Best Buy for the very same reason; the outer shell looks the same as other models but the internals are different ... again to get the price point down.

4. giorge

giorge Rockstar 100 Posts

I always go to Les Schwab to get my tires, but I have heard that Costco does a good job.
    As for Wallymart, I hate them and do very little business with them, but sometimes I don't have much choice, in Utah just about everything else is closed on Sunday.

5. The Heater

The Heater Member 2 Years 100 Posts

AMEN, brother!

Don't shop at Walmart. They are the single largest cause for our manufacturing labor to be shipped outside our borders (mostly to China in Walmart's case). People want cheap stuff, and Walmart obliges that want. Full bore. What happens to the small sellers you trust and who take care of you on a personal basis? You know what happens, they can't compete with Darth Vader (Walmart). And our beloved manufacturers such as Levis and Lee have had to begrudgingly send their manufacturing to Mexico to compete. Even Carhart now. It breaks my heart, because we have labor here to do this work, and most of those people don't possess skill or education to do other types of work. So I guess I would like one of those bumper stickers too.

And like Moogvo said, I don't get groceries, hardware, tires, prescriptions, clothing, whatever, at one store. Bad idea. And tires I get only at a tire store.

Les Schwab has given me the best deals and best customer service. And great flat repair service.