Want better fuel mileage

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by two-dogs, Apr 12, 2010.

1. two-dogs

two-dogs New Member

Hi guys I am new to your forum and have a 2007 Silverado1 ton dually with a Duromax and an Allison transmission. I pull a 35' fifthwheel trailer and I get 8 to 10 miles a gallon and was hoping that someone could tell me what they use to get better fuel mileage. Any help on this.......thanks.....two-dogs

2. derekj

derekj Rockstar

Bunch of suggestions and your choice as to what you are prepared to do for e.g.
    Remove the dpf (diesel particulate filter) and install a 4" turbo back exhaust.
    Install a ppe or edge with attitude (both are programmers) to fool the computer that your dpf is still in place and does not require a regen. Both programmers allow for a bunch of different settings and power tunes. The edge with attitude also has a digital display and allows for 4 gauge viewing at once. It also allows for changing tunes on the fly and you can program alerts for tranny temp egt's etc.
    A cold air intake will also aid in better mpg along with the other mods.
    Good Luck

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

BanksPower.com. Watch there videos on there website. I worked at a shop for eight years and I can say we NEVER had any issues with Banks products. We tired othe products, BullyDog, The Edge etc. and they were o.k. but we went back to Banks. It just works!

4. two-dogs

two-dogs New Member

Thanks guys I will check into what you have suggested and make my decision thanks........two-dogs