Want greater payload with a slight lift

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Overclock, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Overclock

Overclock New Member

Hi All,

I have a 2010 Sierra SLE with the 5.3 and Z71 package
    I have the 17" 6-star rims which i'll be keeping and wouldn't go to a much larger wheel in the future.

I'm looking for just a slight increase in ground clearance that a front leveling kit could provide but I also want the ability to load up the bed so I'd like to possibly add a spring (or any other option you guys may recommend)
    I do want to keep the raked back end so I'm not sure what to get done to the rear end to have a little more capacity back there and to lift it enough to keep a raked look to match a lift that a leveling kit would provide.

What are your recommendations?

2. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Well if you want to lift your truck and keep it raked, then id get a 2-inch leveling kit for the front then get a suspension block in the back. If the newer trucks like yours come with a 2 inch block from the factory like the slightly older z71's do, then you need a four inch block to keep the rear raked and 2 inches taller in the back like it is from the factory. But if it dosnt come with a suspension block, then all you need is a 2 inch block to raise the rear and keep it raked after installing the leveling kit.

3. Overclock

Overclock New Member

I believe the block is only 1.25" but I hope someone can confirm for me.
    Also; what about something to increase the amount of weight I can put in the bed without sagging like a lowrider :money:

4. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Then get an "add-a-leaf" kit. This kit adds an extra leaf spring to your rear end and allows you to haul higher loads and will raise your rear end a bit higher.