1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Want greater payload with a slight lift

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Overclock, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Overclock

Overclock New Member

Hi All,

I have a 2010 Sierra SLE with the 5.3 and Z71 package
    I have the 17" 6-star rims which i'll be keeping and wouldn't go to a much larger wheel in the future.

I'm looking for just a slight increase in ground clearance that a front leveling kit could provide but I also want the ability to load up the bed so I'd like to possibly add a spring (or any other option you guys may recommend)
    I do want to keep the raked back end so I'm not sure what to get done to the rear end to have a little more capacity back there and to lift it enough to keep a raked look to match a lift that a leveling kit would provide.

What are your recommendations?
  2. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie New Member

Well if you want to lift your truck and keep it raked, then id get a 2-inch leveling kit for the front then get a suspension block in the back. If the newer trucks like yours come with a 2 inch block from the factory like the slightly older z71's do, then you need a four inch block to keep the rear raked and 2 inches taller in the back like it is from the factory. But if it dosnt come with a suspension block, then all you need is a 2 inch block to raise the rear and keep it raked after installing the leveling kit.
  3. Overclock

Overclock New Member

I believe the block is only 1.25" but I hope someone can confirm for me.
    Also; what about something to increase the amount of weight I can put in the bed without sagging like a lowrider :money:
  4. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie New Member

Then get an "add-a-leaf" kit. This kit adds an extra leaf spring to your rear end and allows you to haul higher loads and will raise your rear end a bit higher.