1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Want to ad cruise control...what do I need

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by zman, Dec 3, 2011.

1. zman

zman New Member

I want to ad cruise to my non cruise 02 Silverado with the 6.0

I have already changed the turn signal lever out to a cruise control factory lever.

I also checked both fuse locations and insured they have good fuses installed.

What else do I need? I was thinking I need a CC servo unit under the hood. If I install that will the CC work? How difficult is it to install and are the mounting bolt locations under the hood already there?

Can some one send me a good photo of a servo installed and the connection at the throttle body.

Thanks
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Okay I have never looked at an 02' Silverado, but does the throttle body have linkage or is it drive by wire setup? If it has throttle linkage (cable), then you would mount it on the driver's side fender well and the cable would run inside to the back of the gas pedal. I would say you would have to get a new pedal assembly but not sure. The cruise control also works off the brake switch, and the TCC PWM on the transmission. I did this upgrade on my 97' Firebird, took about 2 days for me to figure it out lol, trial and error....