1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Want to convert 01 Silverado to electric fan

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by OE812, Nov 18, 2009.

1. OE812

OE812 Member

I did a search for electric radiator fan conversion but didn't find anything. Has anyone done this and did it increase hp and mileage? Where can I purchase the kit?
  2. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I had tried that last year on my 350 small block. Could not keep it cool in the hot summer.

Tried a dual fan with temp sensor, but just could not keep up with the heat.

Went back to the mechanucal fan.

It may have worked if I put in a larger radiator.

Good luck...
  3. CJRM112

CJRM112 Member

I recently did this to my 99 silverado it's a pretty good mpg modification you can tell a difference in acceleration. I got my fans off of a 95 camaro lt1 the fan almost matches to my radiator all I did was fab up some brackets with flat stock I have a theromstat to the fans and a switch in the cab in case they don't kick on . I got the fans at my local pick n pull for 50 bucks I probly spent less than 100 bucks to do it all not a hard thing to do. Hope this helps.