1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

want to hook up new horn

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by bronx boy, Nov 22, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

1. bronx boy

bronx boy New Member

just got a 2000 silverado and want to hook up louder horn. i cant even see it from the top or bottom of the engine compartment . is there a easier way/spot to tap into the circuit for the factory horn .
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

3. bronx boy

bronx boy New Member

4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I was hoping that would've worked for you....someone should know.
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  5. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

You could always just leave the factory horn as is and then buy an air horn (like a train horn). A lot of guys do that and they sound pretty sweet! It would be a fun thing to do if you're already looking at doing something with the horn.

I've been refered to this site a couple of times. They sell complete kits: http://www.airhornsoftexas.com/Train_Air_Horns.php?gclid=CMf7gLGut6UCFZFl7AodWzcWXw

You can always just go to Google and search for "train horns" or "air horns" or anything of the sort. I know you didn't ask about that but I figured I would go ahead and throw that out there anyway. Just in case you hadn't thought about it.
  6. crawfordguard

crawfordguard New Member

I've got the same problem. I searched for so long but couldn't even find the horn, it sounds like its under the battery so I guess I'll just have to take it to the dealer to have them help.
  7. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

It should be down by the Lower Rad support or the wheel well.. For those in the northern areas becareful on Airhorns. They don't like the Salt in the winter time..
  8. bronx boy

bronx boy New Member

going old school

im just going to go old school withy a seperate horn button and relay cant go wrong with basics /found horn behind headlight need to take out battery and window washer container why bother i said just go with what i know works thanks anyway guys