1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Want to lower without sacraficing the factory ride, please help

Discussion in 'Lowered & Urban Suspension' started by LOVINTHESTORM, May 2, 2012.

1. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Got alot of plans for my truck, but like to do my homework. At some point I want to lower my truck. I was wondering how and how much can I lower it without changing the way it rides. Thanks for the feedback. :neutral:
  2. ZSI52

ZSI52 New Member 100 Posts

As long as you use good parts and nice shocks you won't have an issue. Mcgaughys or Belltech would be the companies to order from for parts. How low are you wanting to go?
  3. LOVINTHESTORM

I was thinking like a 3/6 drop and I've heard good things about both. I think Bell Tech is a little nicer but more expensive but I'm not sure. What all would I have to replace to do it right and keep a good ride?
  4. ZSI52

ZSI52 New Member 100 Posts

For the 99-06 trucks mcgaughys is best, for the 07+ I think belltech would be better. I've heard of people having alignment issues with mcgaughys.

You'll want 2" drop spindles and 1" coils for the front. For the back you'll want a flip kit. I don't know if you'll need a notch. You can also add some helper bags to give a better ride and the shocks will depend on what kind of ride you like. I heard the belltech street Performance shocks are super nice. Contact kris @ the suspension source and she could probably hook you up with everything you'll need for a good price.
  5. LOVINTHESTORM

Thanks for the info. Will definitely be checking into this. Got alot of mods I want to do but this will be one of the last ones I do. This will be one of the last steps right before I get some wheels.:great: