want to see photos of your grilles

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by kennyb79, Jan 1, 2010.

1. kennyb79

kennyb79 Rockstar 100 Posts

I just smacked a deer with the front of my 03 suburban...It didn't do a lot of damage to me.but it killed the deer...anyway, it seems like a good time to buy some new blackened lights, and a new Grille...anybody know a good place to buy. if you have photos of your custom grills I would love the ideas...

2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Well since no one on here is replying to your thread, I will give it a shot even though we have no where the same vehicle. I am a big fan of billet grilles especially cut out's, bolt over's are okay too but I don't like seeing the factory mesh behind there. Here is a pic of my 05' Silverado with the billet inserts in 8mm bars (thicker), and I also put two 6" off-road lights behind the grille for a secret custom look that I really liked when it was done. With your 03' the grille openings are smaller, but it would be the same effect.

As far as where to buy at a good price, the headlights and marker lights are really cheap at Sport Truck Direct dot com which Is where I bought all of mine at. The aftermarket grilles are very poor quality no matter where you buy them, you would be better off trying to find an OEM off of Craigslist or in a junk yard. If none of this helps, then just consider this a BUMP! :glasses:

[​IMG]

3. kennyb79

..just looking back thru my old posts and found this one...weird thing is I just smacked 2 more deer on Dec. 30th...and I made this post on Jan 1 last year. whats the coincidence of hitting deer a year apart. I'm gonna give up driving this time of year I guess. The good news was I was able to get good used parts out of a couple local junk yards and it only cost me total of $250...no paint or body damage...just grille and lights, try that with your hyundai No meat either cuz they got up and hobbled into the woods. I think one has my bowtie stuck in its Azz because we went back looking for that and I coulldn't find it anywhere.

4. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Well, no injuries and minimal damage is the way to go. Maybe instead of a new grille, a ranch bumper would be in order :)

Good luck,

5. kennyb79

yeah, thats already in the works. been driving a lot of years and never hit a dear...so to get hit twice in a year is kind of freaky. but better my suburban than my harley