1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wanted: An honest opinion from members.

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by tbplus10, May 21, 2013.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

A post from last week brought out the fact that many members on GMTC feel its good non-confrontational place to seek advice, with that in mind as moderators where do we stand.
    What do we get right.
    Wrong.
    Should we step in more.
    Less.
    Or are we showing about the right amount of presence.

I realize this type topic can quickly become a bash session, thats not the purpose.
    I'm looking for true constructive information.
    Be honest but if your looking to bash a specific member or process that you have a real hard on for and feel you have to rant about ts keep that to PM's.
    So lets hear it!!
  2. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

IMHO... Keep up the good work. :great:
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I say help who you can on a public site and if it goes beyond that send it to PM's....
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It feels just about right. I've witnessed no recent heavy-handedness ... and also witnessed no real reason for any form of zealous moderator interaction (beyond dealing with SPAM or moving posts to more appropriate locations) because the regular membership, here, seems to be a mature and considerate group of people.

It'd be nice, though, if the mods could help push to get some of that site work done that Steve promised was coming. :gasp:
  5. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Keep up the good work Mods!!
  6. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Your guys are doing great and help new members a lot by placing their new threads in the appropriate forums.
  7. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I think you guys are doing a great job.:great:
    The only thing I have notice probable in the past 3 months there is not always one of you on here which I think is fine but there use to be one or two on every time I would sign in night or day. I don’t see this to be a problem; it is just something I have noticed.
  8. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I feel that it is just about right also, I have been on here long enough to see some interesting things, and some of us know each other personally and may say things that don't offend some people, while it may offend someone else and they may not be aware of the context that it was said in or meant and we have lost some members over stuff like that which were valuable to the community.
  9. IanF

IanF Rockstar 100 Posts

I think your doing a good job as moderators and appreciate it. My only concerns are about the operation of the site itself and getting some of the issues fixed, such as ensuring searches work correctly. The major issue I have with the site is clicking "new posts" button after logging in only gets me posts within the last 24 hours.
  10. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Agreed. I think you guys do a great job with only a few of you.

The one concern I have is we seem to have lost quite a few good members over the past year or so. I don't know the reason, but the volume on here has also decreased yet we continue to get new members joining on a daily basis. I became a member of this site to learn from other members and to share any knowledge I've learned as well. It's important that we keep those who impart valuable knowledge to those in need. I'm not suggesting that anyone is at fault or that I have the answer, but it is a concern I feel should be addressed.