1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

wanted: stock cats or muffler

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by burbalex6.0, Jun 28, 2009.

1. burbalex6.0

burbalex6.0 New Member

Well i noticed a unique sound as i stepped outside my truck the other day that sounded like an exhaust leak. I looked underneath and sure enough, there is a huge crack at the weld for the catalytic converter. Took it to a shop, and they told me that both cats and the muffler were bad.
    Its technically my dads truck and he doesn't want a loud exhaust, so i am wondering if anyone has stock cats or mufflers lying around from after an upgrade.
    Thanks!
    Alex

2. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You best have luck just going to a salvage yard and cutting them off yourself. Easy and quick. good luck!