1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Wanting a way to trun off door chime.(96,S-10)

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Bluedog228, Jun 10, 2009.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Bluedog228

Bluedog228 New Member

I'm vary new to this I have a 96 Chevy S-10 5 speed the first truck I have ever hand my hands on, and I want to be able to have the radio on and door open with out having the truck running and not having the endless ring.. I looked on the forums and didn't see anything about this.(or i simply missed it.)

What I'm asking here is if there is a way to simply kill the chime, and if so how ? Any help on this mater would be great.

2. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

the way I did it to my truck isn't proper, but it works. Unplug the little black door chime pin on the side ofthe dash or in the door jam. Your dome light won't come on when you open the door, but that annoying chime will have stopped.

3. Bluedog228

Bluedog228 New Member

Thanks for the info, if all thoughts fail I'll end up doing that, but I would like to have my dome lights work.

4. Mean_Green_95

Your dome light would work from the passenger side, but if you wanted it to work from the driver side, you would have to flip your dimmer switch all the way up if you were to unplug the switch.

5. Bluedog228

Bluedog228 New Member

Well, I think I can live with that. And thank you for your help.

6. Mean_Green_95

No Problem.:great:

7. MannyO

MannyO Member

here is a an idea use tape on the door pin :lol:

8. thrasher

thrasher Rockstar 100 Posts

Or you can find that little ring module under the dash & remove it. It looks like a relay, but you can feel it ringing when you touch it. If it's not the plug in type, it'll be inside a small black box under the dash. Remove the cover on the box & you'll see a little round unit that kinda looks like the beeper in a smoke detector. I just twisted it right off the circuit board, right in front of the salesman & dealership owner the day I picked up my truck. The look on their faces was priceless!!

9. Bluedog228

Bluedog228 New Member

Thanks or your help every one , I ended up simply taking the push pins out of the side's of the dash.

I don't know if I'm able to close this post or not.

10. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

It would have probably been easier to have just removed the "dinger" module. That way the dome light would work without chiming at you.