1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wanting to upgrade my interior.... Chevy Suburban

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Nick Keck, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Nick Keck

Nick Keck New Member

I have a 94 GMC Suburban, which has grandpa red/burgundy cloth interior. Can anyone tell me what seats from other GM vehicles would be direst bolt in's? Could i take the leather seats out of a newer burban and swap them out? I also have a 3rd row seat so keep that in mind.
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sometimes its easier to get the old seats reworked, new foam cloth etc. etc.
  3. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Seats out of any GM fullsize product (silverado/sierra/tahoe/suburban/Yukon etc) will bolt directly in place of your old seats, in all three positions. I would go thru a Junk yard to find a decent set or else craigslist.

And no offense Silverado but redoing can often cost $300 or more a seat, when a junk yard usually charges $50 a seat. But it all depends on what you are going for.
  4. Nick Keck

Nick Keck New Member

Thanks. Now on to the hunt for black leather.
  5. murdog94

Well about the only vehicle that has black leather in our body style is the Yukon Denali, and the Escalade. So i wish you luck.. They are impossible to find in the junk yards around here..
  6. Nick Keck

Nick Keck New Member

7. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts

Those must be some denalis and escalades that we don't have around here. I was always under the impression that you could never get black in either until 2007, but I could be wrong. If there were OBS denalis and escalades with black leather, that could be valuable info for other people looking for OBS seat upgrades too.
  8. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I agree with you Murdog94 about the cost of redo vs junk yard seats. What I was looking at and I should have explained that then they will match the rest of the trim in the interior. But like you said it depends on what you are going for.
  9. murdog94

Well the major downside with changing colors is getting everything to match right or else you can have the most expensive interior in the world and just have one piece that doesnt match the theme and that will be all people see. With the red interior it is hard to get anything that will really look right other than black or grey.. And if you want to change colors on the inside you will basically just want to buy a parts truck to get all of the parts that will be needed.. I did Auto Upholstery and still do a little here and there when i was in the army as a side job to keep myself occupied (like 60 hours a week wasnt enough HAHA)
  10. sstoner911

sstoner911 New Member 1000 Posts

You may want to try www.katzkin.com.

I had quote to change my cloth interior to leather with same color scheme for 1500.00. Used leather may not be bad but used cloth seats to me are like buying a used matress...never know whats on them!