1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

wants to replace ignition lock - needs a locksmith

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Letitiota, Apr 3, 2013.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Letitiota

Letitiota New Member

i have my 2005 Chevrolet Blazer 2 Dr LS and overall it is a nice car but from few days i'm facing problem with the ignition lock. the ignition lock of my car is not working properly. it becomes very loose and key wont fully turn inside it. so i want to replace i have consulted with one locksmith they told e to charge above $500.00 so if anyone knows cheaper way kindly inform me.

2. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Hi Letitiota,

It looks like the part can range from $38 - $60. I have never replaced one, not sure how much labor would be charged to replace it.

One thing to keep in mind, is that it would need to be re-keyed to match your current key's or you will have a different key to lock the doors and start the blazer. I am sure there are others here who have done it.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/catalog/frameset.cfm

3. I thought we had the same problem lol. My lock wont hold the key in. both are soo worn out that i can start my truck an pull the key out while its running lol. people trip out when I leave my truck running and I walk away from it.

4. Stephenz

Stephenz New Member

I am trying to find info on transponder keys.How they work, what equipment to buy to service them. Basically someone looses their transponder keys to their car, what do I need to help them.I can't afford the equipment for the tools, but I can learn about them so when I get the tools I can go to work on them.