1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Warn Brush Guard Winch Mount

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by pondfishr, Feb 4, 2010.

1. pondfishr

pondfishr New Member

What do you think is a decent price for a older style chrome warn winch mount / brush guard for a 89-98 full size pick up truck. I found one for $350 and I wonder if that is a little high. It is the model before the trans4mer.
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Warn brush gaurd winch mount

Does it have the winch plate installed?
  3. pondfishr

pondfishr New Member

yes here is a picture

[​IMG]
  4. pondfishr

pondfishr New Member

another one

[​IMG]
  5. silveradotrailblazer

I couldnt fine any of my old price sheets from Warn but if I remember (its been awhile) that guard with the w/plate went for over $800.00. It may be over 10 years old so I'd offer $300.00 if its not beat up.The winch plate alone runs almost $200.00 at todays price.
  6. pondfishr

pondfishr New Member

I was thinking start at 275 and negotiate to 300. The owner said it has one spot in the chrome the size of a dime. I found a picture on the internet of a truck with what appeared to be this brush guard and it looks pretty good. I have been looking for one a while and warn makes a decent product so hopefully it will come through. If I get it I will post some pictures of it when I get it installed. I will need a winch and I have been looking at warn but they are pricey. Do you know what the recommended size is I need. I wish a 9000 lb would work that size is more in my price line. Also I have seen Ramsey and such but don't know if the warn isn't the way to go anyway. My truck is a 7200 lbs gvr and times 1.5 equals a 9800 lbs is what the Ramsey site says. I have never had a winch on my truck so I don't really know what to buy.
  7. Stealth

Stealth New Member 1000 Posts

I have heard and seen some excellent things form Milemarker. Not as many options or speed as Warn, but much cheaper.
  8. silveradotrailblazer

I have a Warn 9.5XP. It has the most powerful motor, 6hp and heavy duty internal parts. If you go to a winch larger than 10,000lbs than you need a 4 point mounting system such as a winch bumper. The shop where I worked was a Ramsey dealer and every Ramsey they sold came back so the stop selling the Ramsey and went to Warn. We were a small single shop and sold more Warn than any other single shop in Fl., Ga.,Al., and S.Carolina. I can remember one Warn giving us a problem. Many times I've had my truck buried up to frame in mud and it pulled me out with ease. I pull full size pine trees on my property etc. and it just keeps working. I do soak it down once a month with WD40.
  9. silveradotrailblazer

Save your money and buy a good Warn. You dont want to be up to your as* in mud and thinking how much money you saved with the cheaper winch.
  10. pondfishr

pondfishr New Member

Going with the warn makes sense. I picked the brush guard / winch mount up and brought it home tonight. It is good shape and never had a winch attached to it by the previous owner. The spot on the chrome was inside on the bottom where it mounts to the truck. The rest of it looks clean and straight. I had to give 325 for it the guy said he paid over a grand for it. I guess I got a decent deal anyway. It is an older model but it should be functional and look good on my truck when we get it installed and that is what counts.