1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

warning light?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by capt sensible, Jul 8, 2009.

1. capt sensible

capt sensible Former Member

so the other day i hopped into the truck to run to the grocery store, and a warning light stayed on. i looked it up in my owners manual, but it wasn't in there. what is the light that is a truck with a padlock on it mean?
  2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member 1000 Posts

Just a SWAG I think that's the power door lock warning light I believe. Do your locks operate OK?
  3. bob13

bob13 New Member 1000 Posts

jimmiee is right!
  4. capt sensible

capt sensible Former Member

yeah my locks work just fine. i was figuring it was related to that, but i didn't understand why there would be a warning light for your door locks. well i guess it makes sense. anyways... thanks for the info.
  5. bill190

bill190 New Member

The lock symbol is for the theft deterrent system.

Look in owner's manual for; theft deterrent, or content theft deterrent, or vehicle theft deterrent.
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2009