"Warning to Driver"

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by AJ's Sierra, Apr 26, 2009.

1. AJ's Sierra

AJ's Sierra Rockstar

why is it when you purchase a suspension lift that you must put a sticker somewhere that says "warning to driver"....is it cause it has more of a chance of rolling?

2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I have that sticker in the door jam of my truck too, it is flourescent orange with big black letters. I think it is because of the truck being incredibly top heavy, and the center of gravity is drastically changed as a result of the lift. I think it's to make the manufacture void of all responsibility actually, just so thy can say that they did give you fair warning. You just have to watch in the turns at higher speeds, because you will get quite a bit of body roll especially with a bigger truck like the Silverado.

3. AJ's Sierra

AJ's Sierra Rockstar

is it different driving with a lifted truck? like u REALLY have to be careful??

4. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

they have to do it to probably cover their butts. I got one with my lift for my jeep and one with my body lift for my chevy. I never put them on

5. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It's a disclaimer in case you do roll it, the handling is different but not radically so, you would have to "work hard" to roll it over but it is easier than a non lifted truck so they have to cover their rear ends.

6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Because lawyers exist and some people will do anything to make a buck with out actually working.
    Other than that the sticker serves no real purpose.

If someones stupid enought o try and drive a lifted truck like a sports car they deserve anything that happens to them.

7. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

yeah definitely just a "We told you so" kind of thing in case you do roll. I put mine on inside my jeep kind of as a joke.

8. Land Shark

Land Shark Rockstar 100 Posts

Got mine on the drivers side door....it is a we told you so sticker....