1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Washing your truck - Hand wash or drive-through car wash?

Discussion in 'Detailing & Truck Care' started by ChevyFan, Jul 5, 2011.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Just curious who prefers to wash their own truck or go through the drive thru to have it done?

Lifted-Chevy-Trucks.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  2. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

I use the pressure washer at the car washes to get most of the big crap off, then I bring the truck home and hand wash it. $2.50 every week or so isn't too bad, plus I get free cleaning supplies from my Uncle since he is a detailer. I'm really liking Mothers products right now.
  3. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts

X2 on the pressure wash to get all the mud off, & then I wash it myself if I want it really clean, & go to the automatic wash when I'm lazy or in a hurry.
  4. Never have I used a car wash for my truck, even in the winter, I guess I think that I'll do a better job by hand wash. My truck sits out in the open and I have plenty of trees around my house so I usually have to wash my truck it seems about every 2 weeks
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

Hand wash truck once a week. Pressure wash under side a few times a year.
  6. Brumby

Brumby New Member

We use both hand wash and car wash.
    There is a great local quick lub. service with one of the best car wash facility that I have ever used.

I just have to remember to take off the hitch cover before entering!!
  7. 98Hotrod98

98Hotrod98 New Member

Normally i hand wash once a month, and pressure wash ( spray off ) as needed between hand washes.
  8. skoal bandit

skoal bandit New Member

ALWAYS thru the drive thru...I'm too lazy to do it myself and its only $3!
  9. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts

I hand wash mine, but I really need to get in and do a real good wash and wax. Plus the truck doesnt fit through most the drive thrus. pressure wash the underside every now and then.
  10. AzDragonLord

AzDragonLord New Member

Hand-washing takes too long! I use a carwashing place that will not only clean and dry the outside but also clean the inside.