Washing your truck - Hand wash or drive-through car wash?

Discussion in 'Detailing & Truck Care' started by ChevyFan, Jul 5, 2011.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Just curious who prefers to wash their own truck or go through the drive thru to have it done?

Lifted-Chevy-Trucks.jpg

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  2. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I use the pressure washer at the car washes to get most of the big crap off, then I bring the truck home and hand wash it. $2.50 every week or so isn't too bad, plus I get free cleaning supplies from my Uncle since he is a detailer. I'm really liking Mothers products right now.

3. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

X2 on the pressure wash to get all the mud off, & then I wash it myself if I want it really clean, & go to the automatic wash when I'm lazy or in a hurry.

4. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Never have I used a car wash for my truck, even in the winter, I guess I think that I'll do a better job by hand wash. My truck sits out in the open and I have plenty of trees around my house so I usually have to wash my truck it seems about every 2 weeks

5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Hand wash truck once a week. Pressure wash under side a few times a year.

6. Brumby

Brumby New Member

We use both hand wash and car wash.
    There is a great local quick lub. service with one of the best car wash facility that I have ever used.

I just have to remember to take off the hitch cover before entering!!

7. 98Hotrod98

98Hotrod98 Rockstar 100 Posts

Normally i hand wash once a month, and pressure wash ( spray off ) as needed between hand washes.

8. skoal bandit

skoal bandit Member

ALWAYS thru the drive thru...I'm too lazy to do it myself and its only $3!

9. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I hand wash mine, but I really need to get in and do a real good wash and wax. Plus the truck doesnt fit through most the drive thrus. pressure wash the underside every now and then.

10. AzDragonLord

AzDragonLord Rockstar

Hand-washing takes too long! I use a carwashing place that will not only clean and dry the outside but also clean the inside.