Washington State Cell Use

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Dj Friction, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Dj Friction

Dj Friction Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey....Washington Staters........

The other day I was stopped by a local police......just doing routine checks I assume....Said I did not use my turn signal???? maybe....most likely not....But you know the state passed the Cell Phone Use Law.......You can not have a cell phone to your ear while driving.....The law is in effect now but they will not be stopping legally till after Jan 2008....however, if they stop you for something else....(turn signal) they can ticket you if you are using your phone without a headset........

Now my Question.........If your using your phone....with an ear piece......what is the different than holding the phone??????

Does anyone drive 2 & 10 anymore????

What's your thoughts on this....

Still here in Washington State as they pass law after law to raise money......not that the state doesn't have 2 billions in surplus!!!!!

2. Mochahooligan

Mochahooligan New Member

Cell phones

That law is in the city if Chicago King Daley dont want people driving around with their celly up to their ears. BUT the law does not apply to Police or Firemen.

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Ugg, too many laws, as if the police don't have enough to worry about, now they have to pull over Buffy for calling her friends about a sale.

Studies show that just as many accidents are caused by people playing with their radio as with the cell phone. Are they going to ban radios in cars too?

I lived 20 years in Washington state ... just have to wait until Texas passes these laws.

4. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We have that law over here for about five years now and when you get caught it cost you $300
    Money taking laws that's what it is :grrrrrr:

5. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have read in the local newspaper a couple of months ago about the new law going into effect Jan 2008 but was not aware they are already warning people now about it. I DO have a Motorolla bluetooth headset for my cell that I keep in my truck, but it's also nice to use the hands-free calling with my Onstar.

6. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

There talking about it in Ontario. I use a Moto Razr/Blue tooth ear piece.

7. Dj Friction

Dj Friction Rockstar 100 Posts

Yes....you're correct....radio's are next to be removed from cars....Then NO TALKING....just like in school.

Yes Washington can ticket NOW....they can not just stop you for the cell phone use.......Till Jan 2008.

You know it is all about the insurance companies........The state does not care if you get hurt....they are in bed with the insurance companies and push to pass laws to protect themselves and the state does it because they can then drive more revenue....

We only think that we are in charge of our on lives.....!!!!

8. Bruce_B

Bruce_B Rockstar

I agree. I don't see why it matters if you hold it to your ear or not.