Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Water leak at heater hose from bad connector?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by Stratchick, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Stratchick

Stratchick New Member

Hi everyone,

This morning, I noticed a substantial water leak right where the heater hose goes into the firewall on my 2008 Trailblazer (4.2L). It was clear water, not any sort of antifreeze. Anyway, I jiggled the hose a little bit and it seemed to lessen the leak to a degree. My question is whether the consensus would be a that the leak was a connector? I verified that it wasn't the air conditioning evaporator...I haven't run my a/c in about 3 days, which is why I started getting nervous see the water leak. Any help or insight would be appreciated:)

Thanks!!

2. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If the leak is clear water without any coolant and you have coolant in the engine, then it isn't a coolant leak. There are only 2 other ways to get clear water out of your truck... A/C system or rain/water. You might have trash in the cowl stopping rain water from draining properly, causing it to leak out where you are seeing it.

3. Stratchick

Stratchick New Member

Thanks, Tom...I just drove to pick up lunch, and realized that I've had the defrost on all morning and the heat controls about 1/4 of the way up. When I parked the truck, it appeared to be bone dry underneath...I'm going to go double-check here in a few minutes. Then it would have to be the a/c since the defroster was on, right?
    I try to be handy and do things myself...it sort of freaked me out that the water didn't appear to be coming from the a/c evaporator drain valve, though.

4. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Yeah... the defrost forces the A/C compressor to run. Hey, the best way to learn is by jumping in and "doing"! That's why we're here to help if you get into a jam. Welcome to the group, by the way.