1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

water leak - need some help on fixing!!!

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by ChevyGirl95, May 29, 2009.

1. ChevyGirl95

ChevyGirl95 New Member

Hey everyone. My dad and I have a question. My 95 K1500 has been leaking water into the passenger side since I got it. So we did some searching and found out that it's coming in from under the black wiper blade cover piece. You know, the black piece between the windshield and the hood. We took that piece off and under it is a big hole in the metal that we figured is for water drainage. We found the drain plug and it does drain correctly from the hole. However, there must be some holes in the metal somewhere because the water is leaking in from that area. We can't get our hands in the hole or really even see in it to well because it goes back a ways. We have found the 3 spots the water is coming from under the dash but to fix the leaking spots we have to take everything out from under the dash to get to them. My dad is thinking we need to take the computer out, the heater thingy, a fan motor and some other stuff to get to were the metal from the hole under the wiper cover and the inside of the truck meet. Does anyone have any ideas of how exactly to take the stuff out of the dash?????? We will appreciate anyones help on this to make it easier. I don't want to have to take it to a body shop to fix it because that's most likely going to cost a lot of money. Please help!
  2. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

It could be your AC not the window there is a evaporator pan with a drain hose that goes to the bottom of the truck that is why you see the clear puddles under the cars on hot days in the parking lot.

Its not unusual for it to get plugged a shot of air in the tube will clear it out.