1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Water leaking into headliner!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Froggy, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Froggy

Froggy New Member

20071/2 Silverado LTZ 4x4

I'm getting rain water seeping into the headliner when the truck sits for several hours. I say seeping because I can't replicate with car wash or garden hose, so it must be a really slow leak of some kind. It will gather about a teaspoon of water per night in the low spot of the overhead console where the passenger airbag indicator sign is. When I accelerate (especially uphill) whatever water is in there will dribble out of the seam at the bottom of the indicator. The dealer has replaced the sunroof seal and cleaned the drains, but no change in effect. I'm going to leave it with them for further troubleshooting. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I was wondering if the GPS antenna or the high mount brake light might be the culprit, but they seem tightly sealed as well. Portland, OR is going to be very wet for the next six months. I really need to nip this one before my headliner is damaged (or worse).

Please let me know if you have experience with this. Thanks.

Justin
    jl.williamson@verizon.net

Sorry, please ignore. I just found the discussion on this issue. Thanks to all of you for the resource!
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  2. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts

Ahh yes.............the venerable keyword search solves yet another problem.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.