1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

water noise

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by rkbonds1, Feb 10, 2012.

1. rkbonds1

rkbonds1 New Member

In my 94 Suburban everytime I take off or stop it sounds like water is sloshing around somewhere between the transmission hump and the passenger side door around the dash area. What could be causing this? What can I do to fix it?

2. Dana W

Dana W Member 2 Years 100 Posts

It's condensation water in your A/C exchanger box up over the passenger footwell.. I bet it is also leaking out onto the carpet too. Check for wet under your floor mat.

Find where the drain is for the thing, and run a wire coathanger up into it, see if that dislodges the shmugg that has clogged it up.

3. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

DanaW is right. You may also want to pour a little bleach in there to kill any mold that may have accumulated in there. Thats stuff can be bad news and cause all kinds of respitory problems.

4. 93SLESUB

93SLESUB New Member

My 93 Sub was making the same sloshing noise and also did it when turning sharply. I discovered that the heater core had become was air locked and bleeding the system fixed it.