1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

water on drivers side floorboard

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by hagarz71, Feb 4, 2010.

1. hagarz71

hagarz71 New Member

I have a 2001 Chevy burb 2500 2 wheel drive with the 6.0L and 4L80E tranny.

For some reason thier is water accumalating on the driver side floor board. I've had it happen on other trucks on the passenger side due to the heater core, what would cause it on the drivers side? I havn't had a chance to get in their and look yet.
  2. jedepsub

jedepsub New Member

Check your door & windshield seals, sometimes the windshield seal will slide down.
  3. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP New Member

ive noticed it seems to happen in my truck everytime it rains hard or i wash the truck and still havent found the problem..if you can figure it out please let me know!
  4. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have an 08 extended cab and noticed water under the rear seats. Took it in to the dealer and they replaced my third bake light. They said it was common for the seal on the third brake light to leak. Luckily they fixed it under warranty.
  5. Stealth

Stealth New Member 1000 Posts

I don't think that is what is happening here, but i wonder if it could possibly be coming in through the roof, maybe where the roof rack mounts?
  6. Reddirock

Reddirock New Member

water on floor in cab

2003 k 1500 silverado had both leaky windsheild and leak in high mount stop.i will tell you how to tell what is leaking if i dont keep timing out and cant post after typing for 30 mins.
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  7. Stealth

Stealth New Member 1000 Posts

Try typing it up in a word doc and them punching it in.
  8. jeroen

jeroen New Member

you must do that first
  9. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I had that issue in my truck as well. what it turned out to be on mine is when it would rain, wash etc the water would run down the front pillar and directly over where the wires went from the cab to the door. it would then fill the space there and spill into the lower door channel and onto the carpets. to fix it I just pulled the boot back that encases the wires put a bunch of silicone caulking/window sealer on the grommet and put the boot back and smoothed out the silicone. no leaking since. took a long time to find it. had someone running the hos while I tried to chase down water drain routes.
  10. Readymixer

Readymixer New Member

I have had this issue for six months and it has puzzled the heck out of me because it only happened in the rain; not when I hosed the truck or went through the truck wash at work. I figured I has a hole in the floor pan but couldn't find it. While I was doing my 184,000 mile service I lifted off the trim by the driver's door and removed the left kick panel by the parking brake. I lifted the carpet and found the the whole pad under the carpet was soaked. I investigated further to find a cable the exited the floor right there. Turned out to be the shifter cable. I didn't know this was there. It looks like over time that rain water from the road has seeped up the shifter cable through the grommet (which looks to be worn as I work next door to a lime plant and the lime has eaten it away a bit). The pad then acted as a sponge and soaked up the water.

I am now drying the pad with a fan and will silicone the heck out of the top and bottom of the grommet to prevent further water penetration. Mystery solved!
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2010