Water on rear floor 1997 suburban

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Huntr, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Huntr

Huntr Rockstar

So I opened the barn doors to the suburban on Saturday to the lovely smell of mildew. Found out the rear floor was soaking wet under the liner. Floor was dry in the passenger compartment. Right side of rear is what was wet. Left side, by the spare tire, was dry. Thoughts on what could be causing this? No spilled water bottles (that was the first thing I checked). It was dry 2 weeks ago. It rained 2 days last week.

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I would check the door seals and the third brake light seal.

3. MrShorty

MrShorty Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Is it just water, or antifreeze? Passenger side of the cargo area is where the coolant comes in for the rear heat/AC.

4. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If you have the barn doors in back, open them up and look at the seal that is on the top of the truck, it has probably lost its adhesion, just get some RV sealent and get it reset correctly, my 99 did the same thing, its that seal that comes loose.

5. Family Force 6

Family Force 6 Rockstar 100 Posts

Another possibility is the rear A/C condensation drain hose can get dirt and crud that blocks it which caused my floor to get wet. Check and see if that needs to be unblocked, especially if you've recently started using your A/C.