1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

water spots?

Discussion in 'Detailing & Truck Care' started by freddie, Oct 14, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. XS ive

XS ive New Member 100 Posts

I have heard about the vinegar trick. saturate a newspaper with vinegar(it holds it longer) and let it sit on the window. It will soften the the mineral deposit to be removed.
  2. treitz3

treitz3 New Member

Hello, Freddie. While prevention is always the best cure, the question has already been answered by fellow forum members but I will echo their sentiments just based upon my own personal experience. Use Rain-ex to prevent, a water/vinegar mixture to remove most all spots and for seriously embedded spots, use CLR.

Please note: This is ONLY for windows. Do not try the CLR on any other surface.

Tom
  3. jake's silverado

jake's silverado New Member 100 Posts

Hmmm. Why not dry the windows then use an inexpensive glass cleaner, one neighbour uses his shop vac as a blower to dry windows and around the grill. He swears by it. Did I answer the question or did I miss the whole point? Someone said prevention! And yes RainX on a clean windshield or side glass, that stuff is the best.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm. Why not dry the windows then use an inexpensive glass cleaner, one neighbour uses his shop vac as a blower to dry windows and around the grill. He swears by it. Did I answer the question or did I miss the whole point? Someone said prevention! And yes RainX on a clean windshield or side glass, that stuff is the best.