wax and polish

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by poncho08, May 10, 2009.

1. poncho08

poncho08 Rockstar 100 Posts

i whant to wax my truck this week but dont know what brand is the best what do u gus us when waxing and polishing your rigs

2. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone Rockstar 100 Posts

3. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I use Mothers products. I have not tried the newer FX line yet though. Meguier's is also a great product. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

4. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If you want easy, I use Eagle 1 Nanowax after every wash, it's one of those liquid spray on waxes. I can wipe down the whole truck in 45 mins or less. It gives a nice shine with very little buffing with no swirl marks. Also the great thing I like about it is I can use it on all surfaces, chrome, black plastic, stainless steel, headlights and taillights everything except the glass, but if you do get it on the glass it doesn't make a mess. It is keeping my headlights looking like new and it makes bugs and other debris easy to remove at the next wash. :great:

5. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20679

go to that thread, and follow it to this guy's web site. it is made here in america by one of our very own members. i ordered one of their free samples, send them a pm and ask about a free sample. after i used up the sample, i quickly tossed out my old soap and bought some of his grape smelling purple stuff. it works absolutely flawlessly. i also purchased some of their tire shine. it lasted through a week of driving in the rain on a 60 mile daily commute

6. i think to each their own....i myself , i've used nothing but turtle wax products... and i've been tickled to death on the results... i say do alittle research,find a brand you like and rock on!!! good luck! :)

7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I have a black Z-71 thats always outside. I wax every month with Meguiars Mirror Glaze #26. Twice a year I polish with Meguiares Show Car Glaze #7 before I wax. Most people think the paint on truck is aftermarket because of depth and shine.