1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Way to Check Oil Life on 2004 Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Bowtied, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Bowtied

Bowtied Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey all Im wondering if there is a way to check how much life I have left on my oil.

In the past I have left oil in the truck for the better part of 8 months (I ride a motorcycle spring-fall) in my truck and the change oil message never appeared. Now, I have been putting some serious hi-way miles on my truck (about 2,000 hi-way miles + daily driving) a month and I still havent seen the change oil message come.

Im wondering if i can check it. Wait till it displays before I change it? or Just change anyways (whic is probally the best thing to do in most cases)

By the way, I know it works because when I bought the truck it was telling me to change the oil.
  2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

You could always check the dipstick, I think once your truck tells you to change the oil, it might be past due for a change. Just my $0.02.