1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Weak front shocks

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by carnut802, Oct 16, 2013.

1. carnut802

carnut802 New Member

I have a 2011 Tahoe Z71 pkg.At only 28000 miles the front struts are quite weak and will be replaced under warranty.The truck has never been off road or abused but I wonder if this is a common problem with them.Has anyone had similar trouble?
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Why do you think they are weak? Just replaced mine after 106K on my 08 Z71 Avalanche stocks were looking bad They use Rancho stock now, I put the Best on Bilstein:great:.. shocks8.jpg shocks15.jpg shocks9.jpg
  3. carnut802

carnut802 New Member

They really bang when hitting a bump and keep on bouncing on a road dip.
  4. Enkeiavalanche

Do you Plow with it? Thats not right check your springs too..
  5. carnut802

carnut802 New Member

Nope,just basically a family hauler and bad weather driver.The dealer said they would replace the struts which I understood to be the springs and shocks.However they are on backorder which lead me to believe there has been a problem with them.
  6. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Member 100 Posts

carnut802,

I am sorry to learn that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle and had to visit the dealership. Please private message me if I can be any assistance.

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care
  7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Did they already do this? Curious as to what they put down as the cause.
  8. carnut802

carnut802 New Member

Had the shocks replaced under warranty at the dealership yesterday.Huge improvement in ride quality now.Thanks to everyone for their help and advice.
  9. Enkeiavalanche

Were you able to look at the old ones? Did you try to compress them?
  10. carnut802

carnut802 New Member

No they didn't show me the old ones but the old ones looked ok on the truck,no signs of leakage or anything.