1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

weather in north texas!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Jun 10, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I just lost my fence with this big storm system that came in, will probably lose power if it keeps up. Must have been 80 MPH winds.
  2. ChevyFan

Here is my fence.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. Z71_guy

Z71_guy New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

snapped right off, that sucks
  4. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

That sux. But hey, NEW PROJECT! This time you could use metal posts!
  5. MWright936

MWright936 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Ouch! Who needs a hurricane to do some damage? Looks like you've got a project ahead of you
  6. ChevyFan

I've got the concrete and the fence post, just waiting to make sure it's not going to rain and I'll dig up the fence post. Maybe I can find someone locally who does fences that needs a website and I can launch that and they'll come do all the work in an exchange... ???
  7. bry2500

bry2500 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

That sucks!!!!!

Replace it with trees. I just did a row of arborvitaes next to my pool. as they grow they will form a complete green wall. Deer resistant, bug resistant and almost universal to all soils. Thuja Green giants they are called. can grow up to 30 feet tall at a 6' spacing between trees. They grow 3-5 feet a year. and in texas with the warmer weather they will be closer to the 5 foot rate.

Just a thought.

There are ones called emerald gree arborvitaes too. they get to about 15 - 20 feet.
  8. JMoney02

JMoney02 New Member 100 Posts

Can you cut them to keep the growth to the height that you want? Like to use these to line the property from my neighbors, well the firemen so we can get more naked in the pool when they are out working...

Jeff
  9. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

This weather sux. Today was my first day back to work after two months out sick and it seemed like everywhere I went torrential down pours were following me.
    At one account I parked my truck in the loading dock and when I came out 15 mins later I had water flowing over my rear lift gate, the lift gate is almost 5" high.
    I also got to see a Suburban with water halfway up the windshield, the Dallas fire rescue had to recover the driver after he drove into a flooded intersection.
  10. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I would agree with the tree line, it looks much more natural than a wooden fence. I have been watching the weather channel, and it seems like Texas in general is getting pounded with rain. You gotta love the people that think they are going to make it through a flooded intersection, I did that once in my S-10 and almost locked up the motor luckily it just stuttered and kept going thank god! Steve I wish you luck with your project.