Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Website Downtime Today!

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by ChevyFan, Jul 6, 2007.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Hi Everyone,

Just to keep everyone up to date.

1) The websites crashed just around midnight last night central time.
    2) The problem occured from the webhost moving the files on the server w/o moving the database!
    3) They then blamed me, even though they created a Frankenstein network of database links and etc.

Sorry for the downtime. It looks like everything is backed up properly and I had a backup from 5 PM last night.

I am actively looking for a Virtual Private Server.

Steve

2. Bruce_B

Bruce_B Rockstar

Take a look at http://pair.com/

They aren't the cheapest but they are the best. I'm not sure about forums sites though. When I started using them years ago they didn't allow forums but they probably do now. An e-mail to them would answer that and tell you which plan would work best for you. Their tech staff knows their stuff too. I've used a lot of web hosts and I've never seen one better.

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

We'll see. I am downloading my entire site via FTP right now. It's good to have a backup. We may be looking for a change pretty soon and I may/may not have something lined up. :neutral:

4. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Thats where I come in. :wink: 80GB of raw space comin' up. :great:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  5. Cableguy

So I think I'll be OK I had a support group all lined up for us. Was going to bring some blank "Victim Impact" statements with me.

6. Flatman

Flatman Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I was all running around the office this morning screaming:

"GMTRUCKCLUB.COM is down! GMTRUCKCLUB.COM is down! GMTRUCKCLUB.COM is down!"

7. ChevyFan

Well, no promises, but there may be a surprise tonight or tomorrow morning. We'll see.

You think YOU were freaking out. I've got people depending on me to keep this thing up and running.

8. Cableguy

My I submit exibit "A". Flatman was truely border line cracking. I will send you a "Victim impact" statement. Did your symtoms include flapping your arms?

9. Cableguy

Oh Goody! Oh Goody! I like surprises!

10. ChevyFan

The backup from my 6 years with my web host is taking a LONG time. It's been running for 6 hours now and it's still got hours to go. It's a full FTP download of everything I've ever put up there.

I think I have found a soultion. We'll see how long it takes to implement.