1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Weekend Plans?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Cheez, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Cheez

Cheez Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I don't know about you guys but the weather around Central La is looking very nice for right now (Sunday is a different story). So I decided to load up the bikes and head out. Not sure where I'm going but I feel like Darbonne state park has pretty good standings. Mountain bike trails, plenty of decent road for the road bike. So what are you're weekend plans?

Snapped a quick picture of the setup.
    [​IMG]
  2. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Working all weekend. On call fixin elevators at the beach all weekend!! Makin that $$$$$$
  3. Cheez

Cheez Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Half of that sounds good! Well 2/3, beach and $ are nice, not so much the work...
  4. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Saturday, here in NW Indiana, will be time to play with my snow blower (should have about 6" by morning). Sunday will be spent celebrating my daughter's birthday.
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  5. marko54

marko54 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

We had minus 18 deg. temps this morn. my blue burb looks like its white from all the road salt. Possibly a car wash tomorrow and staying inside warming my bones and cleaning the garage. A modine Hot Dawg 45,000 BTU heater is going in thursday. A warm heated garage at last!
  6. JnBama

JnBama Active Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Hef called and said he and the girls will fly in around midnight , said to be at the airport ready for a wild weekend in Vegas Baby !!:great:
  7. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Picking up my new set of shoes for the pickup tomorrow morning, going to our shop to possibly change out my shocks, going bowling tomorrow night, then hang out with friends all day Sunday and watch San Fran beat the Giants at the same bowling alley.
  8. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Got a laundry room remodel to fininsh since I put it off the last two weekends.
    Got the floor finished now I need to lay about 5 cases of tile on the walls and put in some new lighting and do some grout work.
  9. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Good thing you sent pics we were all a little jealous thinking you were loading real bikes, Yamaha, Honda, etc. You know the ones with motors.

Me, I am going to celebrate my B-day cleaning the garage and painting at least one more wall. You know, move all stuff to one side , paint, atch dry, then paint again, then watch dry again. then reorganize and set everything back so next weekend the other side gets lucky.
    Dang walls get Lucky more often than I do.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

I bet you a six pack that you can't do that twice. When your don I got plenty of space you can try. LOL:lol:

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Hey I heard those Modines dont work. Go ahead and send it to me and I will try it out to make sure.

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Sounds like a real up and down job.:neutral:????
  10. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I still have 1.5 more bathrooms, master bedroom, upstairs hallway and stairs, dining room, and a kitchen to remodel so it might be a while before I'm done.
    I started remodeling last spring, I'm trying to do a room a month, some rooms unfortunately take longer.
    So far I've done the livingroom: wood floor, stripped/stain woodwork, replaster walls, new paint, all natural wood trim, remortared fireplace bricks, new lighting/ceiling fan, tiled entryway steps.
    Turned the formal diningroom into a game room/bar: wood floor, plaster, paint, strip/stain woodwork, natural wood trim, new lighting, custom built-in dart board, tiled entryway steps, took out 1 wall and added a set of french doors to the patio.
    Remodeled the downstairs hallway: ripped up the old tile and put in new tile, plaster, paint, strip/stain woodwork, natural wood trim, new lighting.
    2 spare bedrooms: wood floors, natural wood trim, strip/stain woodwork, plaster, paint, new lighting/ceiling fans, added built in wood shelves, custom murals on the walls by my wife.
    Office: wood floor, natural wood trim, strip/stain woodwork, plaster, paint, lighting/ceiling fan, built in wood shelves.
    1 guest bath: tile floor, tile shower/tub enclosure, added tiled bench, tile counter and backsplash with custom floating bowl sink and waterfall fawcett, plaster, paint, new lighting.
    I'm doing all the work myself so it's taking a little time to complete.
    I'll probably have to enlist help for a few things I plan on doing like taking out one wall of my bedroom and adding french doors and a deck above the patio (I normally wouldnt have a problem with this but it's a load bearing wall on the second floor), cutting down a stairwell wall and installing wrought iron rails, and granite counter tops ( I simply dont have a clue at how to correctly install granite counter tops)
    We looked at new houses last spring and couldnt find anything we liked so we decided to turn our house into something we'd like.