1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Weekend Projects Anyone?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Mar 2, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I've got a list of weekend projects that I'm just flat-out not going to be able to do. Among them are:

1) Fence repair after the last storm. Might just hire someone to replace a section of fence.
    2) Fix a couple of blinds that are out.
    3) Replace a bunch of burned out lights ... seems like the compact flourescent lights are a joke, they maybe last 2x or 3x what old lightbulbs last ... looks like one of them just about melted down on me, not happy with that.
    4) Have to clean up my office a little bit, getting ready to take on some more side projects and have to have a neat and clean home office.
    5) Have to fix the sectional couch that keeps coming apart. I might just bolt them together and be done with it.
    6) Need to price out getting a shed put up in the backyard so I can move stuff out of the garage.
    7) Need to spackel the walls and touch-up paint in about a dozen areas.

Yeah, that's about it for now.
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Putting a couple sets of LED's in the bed of my truck.
    Then I'm gonna finish building a new welding table.
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I'm still packing, emptying my apartment, and moving things into storage 1.5 hours away. I pack all week and then make one trip each weekend since I'm usually heading that way. This weekend's truck load is (finally) ready for loading at first light, Sunday.

I need to strip the chrome off the plastic bezels of my dash cam and wire its power supply into the truck. Sadly, I probably won't get to the actual mounting of the unit.
  4. ChevyFan

Ok, i just picked up some household LED lights for the kitchen in my house ... wow, these are amazing! I paid about $20 each for these, they claim to be the equivalent of 75 watts, but they each put out 800 lumens of bright white light.

Wow, i definitely recommend these. I need to upload photos of the melted CFL bulbs that i just replaced.
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

[MENTION=1]Steve[/MENTION] - Got a link? Or model number? I have some can lights I use near my entertainment center to provide indirect lighting (so there's no glare) ... and I tend to have them on 3/4 of the day. Usually I keep 25w bulbs in them just for economy reasons, as those provide enough light for my purposes without costing a ton. Some white LEDs would be great...
  6. ChevyFan

I got them at home depot, let me find a link and I'll post it up. I also got a smaller led that mimmicks a traditional bulbs but they don't shine in a true sphere ... more like a hemisphere. But, the power consumption is supposed to be only 20% of incandescent bulbs ... and the packaging says 20 year life span, however I'll believe that when I see it.

Then again, I don't plan on living in this house for more than another year or 2 so I guess I'll never see it.
  7. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I have a list of things I'd like to do to the house I live in now but it's a rental so I can't do much. I just like making "to do" lists. :rules:

Currently, my weekend project are limited to just my truck.